Welcome to the February 6th edition of the Homeschool Mother’s Journal at NextGen Homeschool!
We’re excited to announce that NextGen Homeschool is now your primary site host for the Homeschool Mother’s Journal blog link-up this year! We are honored to carry the mission of Homeschool Mother’s Journal forward into 2016, and we look forward to adding some fabulous co-hosts in the coming weeks.
New to the Homeschool Mother’s Journal Link-Up:
Starting this week, we will feature a theme of the week to help you select which posts you’d like to share on the link-up. These themes are suggested: If you have something on your heart that you really want to share, feel free! However, if you haven’t posted anything new, you can still participate each week by choosing a post from the past that fits the week’s theme.
We will rotate through these four themes every month:
- First Saturday of the Month: What’s New — New in your homeschool, new activities/field trips you’ve participated in, new books you’ve read, changes or adjustments you’ve made in your homeschooling, etc.
- Second Saturday of the Month: What’s Working — Homeschooling tips and tools, how-to posts, resources that are really working for your family, etc.
- Third Saturday of the Month: What I’m Learning — Homeschooling encouragement and advice, new topics you’re learning about, take-aways from conferences and retreats, etc.
- Fourth Saturday of the Month: What’s Important — Faith and family posts, life lessons, big picture issues, personal growth, etc.
- Fifth Saturday of the Month: Reader Favorites — Posts that have received high traffic or community interaction from your reader community.
We will increase community interaction on our social media pages:
Every week, we share your posts on our Homeschool Mother’s Journal Pinterest board and Facebook page, and we tweet them out to our audience as well. We will be using the hashtag #homeschoolmothersjournal when we share your posts on our social media channels, and we invite you to use this hashtag as you post throughout the week as well — especially if you tweet or use Instagram to share. We will search for new posts using #homeschoolmothersjournal and share them with our followers as well!
We’d love to see YOU post questions and interact with other moms in our Homeschool Mother’s Journal community when you’re on social media. Be on the lookout for a question of the day on our Facebook page and submit your own.
Click here to learn more about The Homeschool Mother’s Journal blog link-up.
This week’s featured post is…
A Guide to Homeschooling High School by Besty at BJ’s Homeschool — a great collection of resources to prepare you for homeschooling through the high school years.
Now join us by linking up your “What’s New” blog posts below and reading what other homeschooling mamas are sharing this week!