Are you currently blogging or thinking about starting a blog? If so, is your blog a hobby or a means of income? Would you like it to become a means of income?
No matter why you’re blogging or exploring the idea of blogging, I’ll be the first to tell you that once you get going, it’s not easy to stay on top of details of the blogging process and business. From the practical to the financial, there are a lot of moving parts to keep up with — and many components you might have no idea you should worry about. Tracking and planning a growing blog can become time consuming and even stressful at times, however it doesn’t have to be that way. Getting organized and putting systems in place will allow you to focus on what really matters: your content!
This week I’m reviewing The Complete Blog Planner from Multi-Taskin’ Mom, which just became available for purchase this week. I was a “beta tester” of this planner and had the opportunity to provide my feedback to be included in the final copy — which was a privilege and a lot of fun! I had a chance to share my blogging planner wish list with the creator of The Complete Blog Planner and see my wishes plus those of many other professional bloggers turn into a final product that I am very happy to recommend.
As creator Stephanie Eidson puts it, what makes this planner different from all of the other planners is that it is comprehensive. Every key area of blog management is covered, and each section includes additional tips and ideas to make the most of each planning form provided.
The planner includes over 30 planning forms to help maximize your blogging time, giving you back more time for the other areas of your life that are most important. I can’t stress enough how getting organized about your blog will pay off in productivity and creative time for quality content!
Here are some examples of the forms you’ll find:
- Basic Post Planning
- Post Planning Extras
- Social Media Planning
- Monetizing Forms
- And many never before seen forms!
Here’s a sneak peek at what some of these planner pages look like:
What I loved:
- Flexibility – This planner is designed in such a way that you have everything you need to assemble YOUR perfect planner. You can print any number of pages any number of times, and bind them, staple them, clipboard them, file them — whatever works for you! You can start using them one way and adjust if that system doesn’t seem to work for you. The good news is that you’re not stuck with a notebook you want to rip apart and redesign: Every component you need to manage your blog in an organized and efficient way is provided, and you can “build” your own final product.
- Functionality – I have tossed aside many a planner because the pages didn’t functionally work for me. Many times, it is because they are too broad (I don’t want just one long to-do list!) or too narrow (page space wasted on things I won’t keep track of). I found the pages of this planner to be very functional for the purpose they are designed for. They are also colorful and well-designed. A good example for me of this are the affiliate information pages. Just enough detail to make sure you cover all the must-haves, but flexible enough to keep track of several different types of conversations/transactions with your affiliates in one place.
- Selection – I appreciate the variety of forms provided in this planner set. Whether you’re in need of monthly, weekly or daily blog planning (or all three), you have forms for all options. Whether you like to work off blank notes pages or want very detailed lists to use (such as a page just for the hashtags you’re following/using), you have all possibilities to choose from. When I printed my final planner for everyday use, I took into account what I know I will track, in a form I will track, and what I want to start tracking in a more organized way, and printed those pages only. Again, this allows for a very customized, flexible finished product.
- Quality – The pages of this planner and the accompanying section openers, which are chock-full of valuable tips and ideas, are top-notch from a content perspective. It’s clear that the Multi-Taskin’ Mom knows her stuff and shares it in an easy to understand and use format. She draws on her knowledge in the graphic design, blog publishing and social media worlds and pulls it all together into a quality blogger’s resource. Yes, you can get into a lot more detail on a subject like social media, but for the purposes of planning and becoming more organized and efficient, you’ll find the most important nuggets of wisdom shared here.
I’m not the only one who fell in love with The Complete Blog Planner during the course of this development and review process. Here’s what other blogging pros have to say about it:
Why pay attention now?
Introductory specials, of course! As you know, we at NextGen Homeschool are HUGE fans of free, frugal and discounted. So I’m happy to share that the Multi-Taskin’ Mom has a special introductory offer for you: From Sept. 1 – Sept. 10, the introductory price of the Complete Blog Planner is $12.95 — including some additional bonuses! With each purchase you get free updates, free bonuses PLUS Social Media Working For You by Felice Gerwitz (a pre-recorded webinar to help you make the most of your social media). Each purchase will also be entered into a drawing to win one of 2 complete sets of The Homeschool Marketing Expo by Media Angels. Remember, this special price and bonuses expire on Sept. 10!
I know all of our readers aren’t blogging, but maybe someday you will… and why not be organized from the start? If you’re already blogging, I don’t have to tell you why you might need this planner, because I know that you know. However, you might be like I was, trying to make do with all the free planning pages out there that just don’t cover everything you need in a way that works for you. If that’s the case, I highly suggest you give The Complete Blog Planner a very close inspection!
Do you blog now? Are you thinking about it? If you do, are you feeling the growing pains of staying on top of all the moving parts? What’s on your wish list for the perfect blogging planner? We’d love your comments!