Back-to-school time is upon us, and most parents — homeschooling or not — are in planning mode for the coming school year and semester. Just in time, I had the opportunity to review the Well Planned Day Wall Calendar created by Home Educating Family Publishing (HEDUA), creators of the Well Planned Day line of beautifully designed, dated yearly homeschool, student, and family planners.
See my previous review of the Well Planned Day Homeschool Planner if you’re not already familiar with it. We are also giving away one Well Planned Day Wall Calendar below, so don’t forget to enter our giveaway. (Giveaway has ended.)
Here’s what I loved about the Well Planned Day Wall Calendar:
- Planner Coordination: The wall calendar matches beautifully with my Well Planned Day Planner! I’m visually oriented and more likely to use something if I like the way it looks. So coordinating in my desk area inspires me to stay organized — and keep my desk clean!
- Large Calendar Grid: The design offers spacious squares for noting several items per day — including a shaded, unlabeled checkbox if you’d like to list a to-do item that you can cross out when completed. The size (13.25″ x 12″) is roomy but not too large for a bulletin board or even mounting to the refrigerator with magnet tape.
- Inspirational Quotes: Although the entire month spread doesn’t provide a large photo for decoration, each month includes an inspirational quote that sits nicely on the calendar grid, nestled within the unique design for each month. I appreciate the extra space to make the calendar grid bigger, while still providing a great quote and beautiful design to look at each month.
- Notes Box: I am a sticky notes/need reminders kind of person, so I love the added “notes” box on each month. I like to jot down additional reminders that can’t be adequately captured on the date grid itself. Now I don’t have to add sticky notes to the calendar!
Here’s what I wished for:
- Some segmentation within the daily calendar square: Once upon a time, I had a wall calendar called the busy mom’s planner, and what I loved about it was that each day had a few different shaded areas so I could segment by time of day (like morning, afternoon, evening) or even by person (mom’s to dos & each child). Because the Well Planned Day planner provides this, I would have loved to see something like this on the wall calendar too. I think it makes it a little easier to capture who’s doing what in a given day when there’s some visual separation.
- A shopping list space: Again, one thing I love about the Well Planned Day is the way you can capture all of your family action items, including meal planning and shopping. I think it would be great to have a little shopping list space for (kids especially) to quickly jot down what you just ran out of — especially if you mount this in the kitchen or on your refrigerator. However, you can make a running shopping list in the notes section among your other reminders.
- A title page before the monthly pages start: What’s that about? It’s a minor thing, but I didn’t like the way the calendar started directly on the inside cover, which is a glossy texture, because pen smears on that texture of paper. However, that only affected the first half of July — which has passed — so that won’t be an issue again!
If you’re a very visual person (out of sight, out of mind) like me, you will love having a coordinating Well Planned Day Wall Calendar for your Well Planned Day. I have always used both a wall calendar and planner together, and now I have a more space efficient, beautifully designed calendar to go with my Well Planned Day planner.
What do you look for in a wall calendar for home and school organization? Do you have any favorite tips for using a wall calendary to keep you all on track? Share your wish list and best planning tips in the comments below.
Make sure to enter our giveaway below as well: And don’t forget to come back and get additional entries for tweeting about the giveaway every day! GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Review Disclosure: I was not compensated for this review post but did receive a free planner for evaluation purposes. However, my opinions are entirely my own and based on a personal review of the product. We also receive a small commission for any affiliate links that are used on our site to make a purchase.
11 Replies to “Review: Well Planned Day Wall Calendar”
I used this calendar last year and LOVED it! I was able to completely organize my homeschooling day as well as all of the activities of my family.
I love calendars! I use a planner/wall calendar combo and love it. I also put abbreviated lesson plans and ideas in my planner and wall calendar, this helps with planning for extra supplies for projects and such.
I use both a planner and wall calendar and it’s so helpful.
I use a wall calendar and planner they are so helpful.
I have never used a wall calendar for school activities but I do for everything else.
I use both…that way I can have the homeschool planner for strictly school related things and the wall calendar keeps up with all of our activities and appointments.
I like to use both 🙂
I’m trying out the Well Planned Day planner for the first time this year. The wall calendar would be a great addition. I love how much space is given to write in each day’s activities.
I have a whiteboard calendar that I rewrite every month. I would love a calendar like this so I can write things in it months ahead of time.
I have their On The Go planner, which I can’t live without. It would be great to have the wall calendar to have a rough idea of what’s coming up.
Comments are closed.