Back-to-school time is upon us, and most parents — homeschooling or not — are in planning mode for the coming school year and semester. Just in time, I had the opportunity to review the Well Planned Day Wall Calendar created by Home Educating Family Publishing (HEDUA), creators of the Well Planned Day line of beautifully designed, dated yearly homeschool, student, and family planners.
Plus, this month only, HEDUA is offering this coordinating Wall Calendar, dated July through June 2015, for only 99 cents with the purchase of a Well Planned Day planner! That’s a $12 savings! See my previous review of the Well Planned Day Homeschool Planner if you’re not already familiar with it. We are also giving away one Well Planned Day Wall Calendar below, so don’t forget to enter our giveaway.
Here’s what I loved about the Well Planned Day Wall Calendar:
- Planner Coordination: The wall calendar matches beautifully with my Well Planned Day Planner! I’m visually oriented and more likely to use something if I like the way it looks. So coordinating in my desk area inspires me to stay organized — and keep my desk clean!
- Large Calendar Grid: The design offers spacious squares for noting several items per day — including a shaded, unlabeled checkbox if you’d like to list a to-do item that you can cross out when completed. The size (13.25″ x 12″) is roomy but not too large for a bulletin board or even mounting to the refrigerator with magnet tape.
- Inspirational Quotes: Although the entire month spread doesn’t provide a large photo for decoration, each month includes an inspirational quote that sits nicely on the calendar grid, nestled within the unique design for each month. I appreciate the extra space to make the calendar grid bigger, while still providing a great quote and beautiful design to look at each month.
- Notes Box: I am a sticky notes/need reminders kind of person, so I love the added “notes” box on each month. I like to jot down additional reminders that can’t be adequately captured on the date grid itself. Now I don’t have to add sticky notes to the calendar!
Here’s what I wished for:
- Some segmentation within the daily calendar square: Once upon a time, I had a wall calendar called the busy mom’s planner, and what I loved about it was that each day had a few different shaded areas so I could segment by time of day (like morning, afternoon, evening) or even by person (mom’s to dos & each child). Because the Well Planned Day planner provides this, I would have loved to see something like this on the wall calendar too. I think it makes it a little easier to capture who’s doing what in a given day when there’s some visual separation.
- A shopping list space: Again, one thing I love about the Well Planned Day is the way you can capture all of your family action items, including meal planning and shopping. I think it would be great to have a little shopping list space for (kids especially) to quickly jot down what you just ran out of — especially if you mount this in the kitchen or on your refrigerator. However, you can make a running shopping list in the notes section among your other reminders.
- A title page before the monthly pages start: What’s that about? It’s a minor thing, but I didn’t like the way the calendar started directly on the inside cover, which is a glossy texture, because pen smears on that texture of paper. However, that only affected the first half of July — which has passed — so that won’t be an issue again!
If you’re a very visual person (out of sight, out of mind) like me, you will love having a coordinating Well Planned Day Wall Calendar for your Well Planned Day. I have always used both a wall calendar and planner together, and now I have a more space efficient, beautifully designed calendar to go with my Well Planned Day planner.
And right now, you can add a wall calendar to the purchase of a Well Planned Day for just 99 cents — what a deal! This offer is only available until July 31, so now’s the time to look into this planner/calendar combo as you prepare for the fall and the new school year.
Make sure to enter our giveaway below as well: And don’t forget to come back and get additional entries for tweeting about the giveaway every day!
a Rafflecopter giveaway